Private blood tests
Reach Pharmacy delivers a wide range of private blood and urine tests, from routine core profiles to the most specialist analyses.
All of our core biochemistry, haematology, serology and sexually transmitted infection screening is run with our laboratory partner by fully qualified biomedical scientists, providing fast turn-around times.
The state of the art laboratory is fitted with the latest in clinical diagnostic technology.
Our trained phlebotomist pharmacist will take a blood draw sample from you in our safe, clean and confidential consultation room.
Why have private blood tests?
There are many reasons you could choose to have private blood tests:
- Private blood tests allow you to take control of your health. By understanding your health markers, you can make informed and healthy lifestyle choices.
- For routine tests, by choosing to have private blood tests, you bypass GP waiting times for both the taking of samples and getting your results.
- Some screening tests are not available on the NHS, so there isn't a choice.
- Based on your family’s health history or lifestyle, there may be a specific reason to choose private blood tests.
- Gain reassurance and peace of mind when you know.
Can you get a blood test without speaking to a doctor?
Taking a blood sample is a simple procedure carried out by a phlebotomist. A phlebotomist is a person specially trained in taking blood. This could be in the form of samples for medical tests or, for other reasons, blood donation, for example.
The blood samples are sent away for testing. When you receive your results, you can discuss them with your GP.
How much do blood tests cost?
Blood tests come as either single tests or panels of multiple tests. So the cost depends on home many – and which tests – you choose.
You can also choose the tests available through one of our partners, such as Medicheck.
Get in contact with our private blood tests – Glasgow service today to find out more about our blood test prices.
How long do blood test results take?
Once the blood has been taken, to ensure accuracy, the testing needs to be done quickly. The samples are sent to our partner laboratory, where they test the samples.
Most test results will be available within three to five days.
We offer a fast-track service with a 24-hour turnaround if you require your test results more quickly.
What blood tests do I need?
Don't worry, one of our qualified pharmacists can help you choose the right blood tests for you. The blood test you need will depend on whether there's something specific you are looking to test for, or if you are interested in your general health and wellbeing.
The list of tests we offer is extensive. However, the list below shows the most common ones:
- Fertility hormone tests: if you’re starting a family, both you and your partner can have your fertility hormone levels checked.
- Sexually transmitted infections (STIs) or HIV: sexually health may be an important issue for you, so have a blood test for STIs or HIV.
- Travel health: If you're looking to travel or get your travel vaccinations it can be useful to know your existing immunities. Or, if you have returned from a tropical destination, you can also get tested for Zika virus, Dengue Fever or other infectious diseases.
- Check the health of your organs: private blood tests for thyroid function or the health of your liver or heart are popular choices.
- Wellman or Wellwoman suites of tests: have a thorough check-up with a range of tests tailored to your gender and age.
- Lyme Disease: Ticks that carry Lyme Disease are more common in the Highlands than in most other Scotland and UK areas. With a private blood test, you can check whether you have been infected.
It’s important to remember that if you have symptoms or are feeling unwell, our pharmacists may advise you to see your GP.
Not good with needles or blood?
If the sight or thought of blood or needles makes you feel squeamish, Reach Pharmacy’s phlebotomy service, Glasgow, can help.
We offer a supportive and discrete private blood testing service for Glasgow where your wellbeing is paramount.
Our healthcare professionals are reassuring and will make you feel comfortable before taking the samples. Our staff can provide you with as much – or as little – information about tests are you choose.
You can bring a friend for support or relax in our care. Our staff will patiently make sure you are feeling ok before you leave.
Have a home blood test kit but need help to take the sample?
There are many providers of private blood tests available to the consumer. Reach Pharmacy partners with Medichecks, Nationwide pathology and Balance My Hormones.
However, it may not be appealing for you to take your own blood sample.
If you purchase a testing kit, Reach Pharmacy’s phlebotomy service can take the blood sample for you.
Or book an appointment for the Reach Pharmacy phlebotomy service below: