Sexual Health Clinic
There's no need for appointments at our private sexual health clinics, we operate a walk in and same day appointment service. Though we do suggest that you phone ahead to ensure that our pharmacists are available on that day.
Why should I get tested?
Sexually transmitted infections are incredibly common, and many don't show symptoms.
- 467,000 STI Diagnoses in 2019
- Chlamydia is the most common (49 % of cases)
- Gonorrhoea increased by 25% in 2019.
- 34,000 people diagnosed with herpes in 2019
- Syphilis 30% increase among men between 2016-2019
When should I get tested for STIs?
- Chlamydia & Gonorrhoea test – Urine Test - Accurate testing from 10-14 days post contact. We recommend being tested at least 14 days after contact for more accuracy.
- HIV & Hepatitis C - Blood Test - Available from 10 days post contact, though we recommend at least 28 days for more accuracy. Though not conclusive until 90 days.
- HIV, Hepatitis B/C and Syphilis - Blood Test - Available from 28 days post exposure. The results are conclusive at 90 days, therefore we recommend waiting 90 days post contact before testing.
Where can I get tested?
You can get full std tests at either of our Sexual Health Clinics. You can find your nearest sexual health clinic bellow:
Real names are not required when using our screening service. All information is completely confidential and medical records kept are held on an encrypted secure online server. We will not communicate the details of your screening results to your GP unless you ask us to do so.
Note: Please remember the name and date of birth you give as this will be used to identify your results.
How soon will I get the test results?
What is the results turnaround time?
Our tests are processed fast. You can see the turnaround times for our tests below:
- Chlamydia/Gonorrhea - result in 2-3 working days.
- IV/Hep B, C, Syphilis - results in 1-2 days.
If you attend our clinic after the courier has been that day, the samples will be collected the following working day, which will add a further day to the results turnaround time.