Acnecide 5% w/w Benzoyl Peroxide Gel - 30g
Acnecide 5% gel contains the active ingredient benzoyl peroxide which attacks the bacteria (germs) known as Propionibacterium acnes
How to use Acnecide 5%
Unless your doctor or pharmacist has told you otherwise
- Wash the affected area with a mild skin cleanser and water, and gently pat your skin dry.
- Apply the gel once or twice a day to all the affected areas.
Any drying or peeling which may occur to your skin may be reduced if you alter the number of times you apply, i.e. to once a day or once every two days, until your skin adjusts to the product.
You should try to avoid exposure to strong sunlight while using Acnecide. If exposure is unavoidable, use a suitable sunscreen lotion and apply Acnecide in the evening. Remember to wash the affected area before use.
How long you will have to use Acnecide will depend on how quickly your condition improves. After you have used it for one month, you should see your doctor or pharmacist again. He or she can then check the improvement of your condition.
You should start treatment with the lower strength product. Provided your skin tolerates the lower strength gel, your doctor or pharmacist may recommend continued treatment with a higher strength gel to further help clear your acne.
It is normal in the first weeks to experience a feeling of skin tension, dryness or a burning, stinging or itching sensation, and a small amount of peeling or reddening of the skin. These effects are usually mild and will go when treatment stops or the gel is applied less often.
Hydrous Benzoyl Peroxide equivalent to Benzoyl peroxide 5% w/w, docusate sodium, disodium edetate, poloxamer 182, carbomer 940, propylene glycol, acrylates copolymer, glycerol, Colloidal anhydrous silica, sodium hydroxide and purified water.
Hazards & Cautions
- This is a medicine; Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- Seek advice before using if you are breast feeding, pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or suffer from allergies.
- Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
Please avoid contact with the eyes, mouth, nose angles and other sensitive areas or damaged skin.
Product may bleach hair and dyed fabrics.
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
For external use only.
Not to be stored above 25°C.
Do not freeze the product.