Calpol Six Plus Fast Melts Strawberry Flavour - 24 Tablets
The paracetamol in Calpol Six Plus Fastmelts is used to relieve pain and / or bring down fever (high temperature) in many conditions including cold and flu, headache, toothache, earache, post-immunisation fever, sore throat and other aches and pains.
To remove tablet use a fingernail to break the foil along the dotted line before pressing the tablet out.
Tablets can be sucked gently until they melt on the tongue. There is no need to take water as they melt into a pleasant tasting paste which is easily swallowed.
Alternatively, the tablets can be dissolved in a teaspoon of water or milk if preferred.
6-9 years: 1 tablet up to 4 times a day
9-12 years: 2 tablets up to 4 times a day
12-16 years: 2-3 tablets up to 4 times a day
Adults and children over 16 years: 2-4 tablets up to 4 times a day.
Do not give more than 4 doses in any 24 hour period.
Leave at least 4 hours between doses.
Do not give this medicine to your child for more than 3 days without speaking to your doctor or pharmacist.
Never give more medicine than stated.
Do not give this medicine with any other paracetamol containing product.
Not recommended for children under 6 years old.
Ask your pharmacist to recommend a suitable product.
This medicine is suitable for most people but a few people should not use it. If you are in any doubt, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Do not give your child this medicine:
- If they have ever had a bad reaction to any of the ingredients.
- If they are taking anything else with paracetamol in it.
- If they have phenylketonuria (a hereditary disease discovered at birth.)
If any of these applies, get advice from a doctor or pharmacist without using Calpol.
- Talk to your doctor or pharmacist:
- If your child has serious kidney or liver problems.
- If your child is taking any other medicines including:
- metoclopramide or domperidone (used to treat nausea and vomiting)
- colestyramine (used to treat high cholesterol)
- anticoagulants (drugs that thin the blood, such as warfarin)
- anticonvulsants (drugs to treat epilepsy)
If you are not sure about the medicine your child is taking, show the bottle or pack to your pharmacist. If any of these bullet points apply, talk to a doctor
If adults take this medicine:
The following additional warnings are included in case an adult takes this product.
- You can use this medicine while you are taking oral contraceptives (‘the pill’), but it may not work so well on your pain or fever.
- If you drink large amounts of alcohol, you may be more open to the side effects of paracetamol.
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine if you might be pregnant or breast-feeding.
Aspartame (E951) contains a source of phenylalanine which may be harmful for people with phenylketonuria.
For oral use only.
Speak to your doctor:
- If your child needs more than the doses shown in the table, speak to your doctor as soon as possible.
- If your child’s pain or fever is not getting better after a few days talk to your doctor.
Immediate medical advice should be sought in the event of an overdose, even if the child seems well, because of the risk of delayed, serious liver damage.
If you forget to give the medicine, give the next dose when needed, provided that the last dose was given at least 4 hours ago. Do not give a double dose.
Calpol Six Plus Fastmelts can have side-effects, like all medicines, although these don’t affect everyone and are usually mild.
Tell your doctor as soon as possible if you notice any of these:
- allergic reactions including swelling of the face, tongue or throat, difficulty swallowing, unexplained wheezing, shortness of breath which may be accompanied by skin rash or hives.
- becoming unusually tired, unexpected bruising or bleeding and getting more infections (such as colds) than usual. These are very rare effects in people taking paracetamol.
If your child shows any of these signs, stop giving paracetamol and talk to a doctor.
Long term use: People who use medicines containing paracetamol every day for a long time (several months or more) could get certain side effects, including liver and kidney damage. People taking paracetamol in the usual way for shorter periods have not had these problems.
If you notice any side-effects not listed please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
Keep the product out of the reach and sight of children.
This medicinal product does not require any special storage conditions.
Do not use after the end of the month shown as an expiry date on the packaging.
Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures will help to protect the environment.
Active ingredient: paracetamol 250 mg per tablet
Other ingredients: Mannitol (E421), crospovidone, aspartame (E951), magnesium stearate, polymethacrylate (eudragit E100), polyacrylate dispersion 30% and colloidal anhydrous silica. The flavouring is strawberry.
Configure Calpol Six Plus Fast Melts Strawberry Flavour - 24 Tablets