Moskito Guard - DEET Free Insect Repellent – 75ml spray
Moskito Guard® insect repellent is DEET & Alcohol free, WHO & UK malaria prevention guideline recommended.
Provides up to 8 hours of waterproof protection against biting insects.
Moskito Guard Insect Repellent Lotion is scientifically proven to provide lasting protection against biting and bloodsucking insects around the world such as: Mosquitoes, Fleas and Ticks which can be carriers for various diseases (including but not limited to: Chikungunya; Dengue Fever; Japanese Encephalitis; Lyme Disease; Malaria; Tick-Borne Encephalitis; Yellow Fever; Zika Virus).
The specially formulated combination of 20% Picaridin and a water-resistant agent has shown to provide up to 8 hours of protection.
How to use Moskito Guard Spray
It is important to keep biting insects at bay, follow these simple steps for best results:
- Shake well before use.
- Apply evenly on all exposed skin.
- Do not spray Moskito Guard directly onto the face. Spray into the palm and smooth over skin, avoiding contact with lips and eyes
- Reapply to the face and body every 8 hours without exceeding:
- 2 applications per day between 24 months and 12 years old.
- 3 applications per day from the age of 12 and pregnant women.
What is Picaridin?
20% Picaridin is an insect repellent which boasts similar effectiveness to the recommended concentrations of DEET. However it is much less likely to cause skin irritation making it more pleasant to use.
What is the difference between Picaridin, Saltidin and Icaridin?
They are 3 different names for the same compound, Hydroxyethyl isobutyl piperidine carboxylate. Picaridin, Saltidin and Icaridin are simply trade names, which one is on the product label will depend on which company manufactured it.
Is Moskito Guard safe to be carried in plane hand luggage?
Yes! Absolutely, it is under 100ml, it is hand luggage friendly. The bottle is also not pressurised, making it perfectly fine for carriage in your hold baggage.
Hazards and Cautions
- For external use only. Harmful if swallowed.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Avoid contact with eyes, lips and damaged skin.
- In the unlikely event of any skin reaction, discontinue use.
- Keep away from plastics, synthetic fabrics, varnished and painted surfaces.
- Pressurised container
- Protect from sunlight and do not expose to temperatures exceeding 50°C.
- Do not pierce or burn, even after use.
- Do not spray on a naked flame or any incandescent material.
- Keep away from sources of ignition