Piriton Syrup – 150ml
Piriton Syrup provides fast and effective relief from symptoms of hayfever, skin allergies, food allergies, pet allergies, or nasal allergies.
Piriton Syrup can also be used to provide itch relief for chickenpox. This syrup can be used for children over 1 year.
This is a pharmacy only medicine, there will be a questionnaire before adding the product to your shopping cart.
Piriton tablets provide fast, effective relief from symptoms of mild alergic reactions.
Each Piriton tablet contains 4mg of the active ingredient Chlorphenamine Maleate.
Chlorphenamine is a very effective antihistamine, providing relief from:
- Insect bites (including mosquitos and midges)
- Insect stings
- Allergic reactions to food
- Allergic rhinitis
- Chickenpox skin itching
- Hives (urticaria)
- Dermatitis and other skin allergies
- Nettle stings/rashes
- Certain medicine reactions
How to take Piriton Syrup
This product is safe to use for children above 1 year.
- Use the two-headed spoon provided with the syrup.
- Adults and children over 12 years: Take two 5ml spoonfuls every 4-6 hours. Maximum daily dose: 12 x 5 ml spoonfuls in 24 hours.
- Children aged 6-12 years: Give one 5ml spoonful every 4-6 hours. Maximum daily dose: 6 x 5 ml spoonfuls in 24 hours.
- Children aged 2-6 years: Give 2.5ml every 4-6 hours. Maximum daily dose: 6 x 2.5 ml spoonfuls in 24 hours.
- Children aged 1-2 years: Give 2.5ml every 4-6 hours. Maximum daily dose: 2 x 2.5 ml spoonfuls in 24 hours.
- Children under 12 months: Not recommended.
Each 5 ml of Piriton Syrup contains:
2 mg of chlorphenamine maleate as the active ingredient. The syrup also contains sucrose, glycerol, ethanol, tingle flavour, peppermint oil, water and, as preservative, a mixture of methyl, ethyl and propyl hydroxybenzoates (E218, E214 and E216).
Important information about some of the ingredients of the syrup:
- The syrup contains sucrose. Diabetics should take care when using the syrup. Long term use of the syrup could increase the risk of tooth decay, so clean your teeth regularly. If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking the syrup.
- The product contains 6.3% v/v ethanol (alcohol), i.e. up to 515 mg per adult dose.
- Harmful for those suffering from alcoholism.
- To be taken into account in pregnant and breast feeding women, children and high-risk groups such as patients with liver disease or epilepsy.
- Methyl, ethyl and propyl hydroxybenzoates (E218, E214 and E216) may cause allergic reactions (possibly delayed)
May cause drowsiness, If affected do not drive or operate machinery.
Avoid alcoholic drink.
If symptoms persist consult your doctor.
Do not take Piriton tablets if you are taking MAOI drugs for depression.
Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
Store below 25°C. Protect from light.
Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
Configure Piriton Syrup – 150ml